I've always been a big reader, I admit, its mostly of different levels of chick lit and a few classics, but I've always really love to read. I recently finished a book called "The Perks of being a Wallflower" and it was absolutely fantastic. It follows Charlie, a semi-nieve and and thoughtful young boy through his freshman year of high school. The story and plot are told through letters that Charlie sends to an annoymous reader, where he delves into his inner thoughts and paints pictures of great music and good books. In the book Charlie is encouraged to read and write papers by his english teacher, who assigns him books such as The Fountainhead, The Catcher in the Rye and The Stranger(which I read this year). The book was so good and his love of reading have both influenced me to take up my habit of nonstop reading this summer. My first step will be to read and finish all the unread books that I have on my bookshelves, which is a lot.
(yup, thats the stack. Read any? let me know!)
Anyways, I plan on keeping up with the large list of books I want to read this summer, and I'll be doing that through a list on this blog. If anyone out there has a list of unread books like mine I'd love to have company on this list of mine, so definitely let me know and join in on the fun!
Do you have stacks of books that have gone unread?
i am embarrassed to admit that the only one out of your two HUGE piles i have read is LA Candy. Gosh i hate admitting i have read that. Not my proudest moment. But its alright. The whole time you try and pick who she is writing about.
ReplyDeleteI have been dying to read the perks of being a wallflower. i will try and pick it up tomorrow.
Enjoy catching up on all your reading :)
My sister LOVED "Perks..." but I still haven't read it. I'm sure I have a stack about that big to read...I'm almost scared to stack them up like that and see how bad it really is :)
ReplyDeleteI’m trying to do that more each day myself – till a state of nonstop-reading-nirvana proper is reached. I’m desperately trying to tackle my to-read list in goodreads.com. Unfortunately (or actually fortunately), I don’t see me making much headway. The stacks grow faster than I can read – lol. Loved “Perks of Being a Wildflower.” I graduated H.S. in the nineties. The book made me very nostalgic. What’s first on your bookshelf?
ReplyDeleteM.A. Noeth
http://mnoeth.typepad.com
I LOVE reading :) I wish I had more time for it, then again I should work on making the time for it. Love your blog, very cute!
ReplyDeleteI loved Dear John and the Lovely Bones. Such good books. I've always wanted to read The Kite Runner. I have a long list as well but it is taking me forever to work through it. Good luck! Can't wait to hear which books you like and don't like. :]
ReplyDeleteAre you a member of goodreads? If not you should join! Check out my page at: www.GoodReads.com/JenRem
ReplyDelete