Monday, June 21, 2010

For the next week

(the beautiful from the campus I'll be at)

For the next 5 days I will be surrounded by 12-14 year olds at The Edge, a Presbyterian middle school youth camp that is held at Covenant College in Lookout Mtn. Tennessee. I went to the camp as a 7th and 8th grader and I still remember it as one of the best times of my life. It was so much fun, and it was also one of the times I've felt the closest to God and to really feeling as if I was on the right path to a daily relationship with my heavenly father.

Middle school is a rough and life-changing time in a students life and The Edge provides a week long, fun filled experience with God for these youth and I am so excited and blessed to be able to be a part of this wonderful ministry. 

With activities such as giant games of hide and seek, girls and boys devotionals, fun filled game shows, an amazing band(The Wayne Kerr Band), a commitment night for the youth, a thrift store tacky dance and a trip to White water all happen in this one AMAZING week.

I would love to have all of my readers prayers in that the Lord will bless me and the students who are in my care this week and this week will be a life-changing week for them, as it was for me at age 13. 

I'll see you all on Friday!

4 comments:

  1. I will definitely be praying for you! Middle school was such an important time of life...some of the most growing times for me were at camp, I can still remember :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beautiful place. Have a wonderful time. lovely blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that sounds like so much fun! I used to love leading the summer camps. Hope you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, short or small, personal or not. They all brighten my day, and I love to return the love.