Monday, May 31, 2010

Geocaching: a high tech scavenger hunt

(some geocache loot)


I'm obsessed and I haven't even done it yet.

Geocaching is the new modern scavenger hunt. You sign up online and once you've filled in a little bit of your info and give yourself a username you enter your zip code and at the hit of a search button hundreds of listings for "Geocaches" pop up. A geocache is normally a small container with a lid that is filled with small knick knacks and a log list. The Geocaches have specific cordinates that you put into your GPS device and you are able to go hunting for the little treasures.

I just heard about this a few days ago, and I finally looked it up tonight and I am seriously obsessed. I can't wait to do this, and hopefully do it right and find some really neat stuff. I think it would be so much fun to go out and do this with friends too.

I can seriously imagine spending an ideal summer day waking up late and heading out with a starbucks iced drink and some tennis shoes on and finding some of these little geocaches, and finding cool little spots around my town and its surrounding areas.

It's my perfect summer activity.

2 comments:

  1. i have heard about this type of thing but couldnt remember what it was called!!!!

    let us know if you do it, i bet it will be the greatest fun EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this but it sounds like SO much fun! This would be such a fun way to explore and find new areas...I hope you do this!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, short or small, personal or not. They all brighten my day, and I love to return the love.