Sunday, January 24, 2010

My poor Brother


My brother and I have always had a really strange relationship, we fight horribly, but 5 minutes later we can be laughing and playing around like nothing happened and I love that. But with me going off to college in September(whereever that may be) I'm starting to think about how much I'll miss him and how much I'm going to miss not being here while he is going through all four years of high school. I almost feel like I'm abandoning him, I mean its not like our parents are horrible and will leave him alone unfed and unloved but hes been there while I was in high school and I've loved seeing him grow up both physically(hes 14 and 6ft 1in), spiritually(I love him and his church friends) and mentally and emotionally(hes always been really tender-hearted and I totally love that about him). He really is very sweet and kind of aloof and very spacey but I just love that even though we fight over who gets the computer or the fact that he ate a whole pizza for dinner(one that we were supposed to share)but we still are able to have fun and I can joke around about girls and who thinks hes cute or if hes funny. I've instilled in him a good fear of girls and the disasterous effects of dating in middle/high school, so he definitely knows that its better to just have fun with your friends in high school(despite how much I moan about not having a boyfriend on here) and I know that in the future he will have girlfriends and I just hope that they are good christian girls who won't break his tender little heart.


I remember this time when we were little and we were watching the "Tigger movie" and in the movie tigger decides that he needs to go out on his own and find his family and during that part of the movie Sam got really emotional and started crying, and I went to my mom and told her that he was crying and I didn't know why and hes always been that way, and I think its definitely a sweet great quality that will definitely be a benefit when he gets older.



he really loved tigger, so much that he was Tigger for Halloween, for 3 years in a row.

I just worry about his focus in school and the fact that hes going to have to put up with my parents all by himself for 4 years, while I had him to take some of the blame for things while I was in school. I know that he'll have a great 4 years in high school just like I have and that as long as he puts some effort into what he does he'll be fine. I just feel bad, knowing that in a few months I won't be here anymore.



christmas card picture from last year- 2008.



christmas card from this year- 2009.

I hope that everyone else out that has atleast one sibling that they have had a fun relationship with, like me and my brother.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tarver! I've been a lurker for a while, and am now coming out of the woodwork to say hi!

    I have to say, I feel the same way about my sisters. Although where I live, I'm able to stay at home for uni, I'm planning an overseas year. I absolutely hate to think that I'm going to miss their high school years - the best time for sibling bonding!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, short or small, personal or not. They all brighten my day, and I love to return the love.