Since we first got her we've had other cats show up since we got Serena, the first was a orange tabby that I called Cat(like in Breakfast at Tiffanys), but my next door neighbor took him when she moved. And on the first day of school of my 6th grade year Cally showed showed up at our door. Serena being "the first child" of our family, was jealous and started peeing on our beds(gross, right?) but being my baby, I still loved her. And since then we've lost one more Cat, Cally, and gained one, my Rigby(or King Rigbius,Rigs).
Yesterday though, while we were eating dinner at my grandparents house, some dogs in our neighborhood attacked and killed Serena in our front yard. Thankfully, some of our neighbors were walking home and saw what was happening so they beat off the dogs and stayed with her, so she wasn't alone. They then wrapped her up and left her on our front porch, since we weren't home. They called us and left us a message, so when we got home, my parents listened to the message and I knew something was wrong when they both came upstairs and looked at me pathetically while I was watching 90210.
Lets just say I was absolutely devastated, I mean I'm sobbing as I type this.
I know it may seem like she was only a cat, but she was my baby and I'd had her for 11 years. She was fat and cryed alot, but we would still have our little meowing conversations in the hall, where she'd sit on my lap and whine and I'd scratch her back.
I knew that she would eventually die, I mean she was old. But I just can't believe that she went this way. That she was in our own front yard and was viciously attacked. Atleast I have the comfort of knowing that someone was with her when she died, and that she knew I loved her more than anything.
(rena, bina, rere, bobina)






















Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! I can't even imagine how sad you must be right now, that's just devastating.
ReplyDeleteHope you start feeling better soon. :(
Oh, I'm really sorry to hear this. :/
ReplyDeleteAt least, it's nice to know that she wasn't alone and that your neighbours cared so much.
It's cruel to lose a cat this way. . the ones of my neighbours has been poisoned. . with meat spme cat haters placed around our street. *sigh*
I wish you all the best and hope you'll be feeling better soon.
oh love... im so sorry to read this..
ReplyDeleteits so awful when a pet dies.. they are a family member. i know there is nothing that can be said to make you feel better. but just think of all the cuddles you guys had :)
xx
oh honey, I'm so sorry :( I know how you feel, those little furry faces just make their way into our hearts, don't they?
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness Tarver, I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss :( It's unfair that Serena was taken from you so suddenly, but like you said, at least she wasn't alone. She knows that you loved her! I've lost two pets before, and it felt like losing a sibling. Over time the pain will fade, but in the mean time I'll be praying for you! :)
ReplyDelete