
I was an only child for only about 3 1/2 years until my brother, Sam came along. I don't think I liked him very much, but I didn't hate him. But up until he was born, apparently those were my moms favorite years, just because it was her and me, watching Sond Mookick(how I said Sound of Music) on the couch and grocery shopping in the front yard, just the 2 of us. Again, I go back to the journal my mom wrote to me, just because it is such a sweet reference.

March 7, 1994 "A beautiful spring day, all we did was play outside today....you asked me to play in the sandbox with you and make sandcakes, and I did so happily. You're joy and awe at every little thing is infectious....You found something new today and I was lucky enough to watch you discover it-your shadow" (she goes on to write some sort of poem.)
"Shadow dances in the warm spring sun- poignante, pliat your young dance has begun. You partner as you spin and twin dances every step like you. The falling sun in the west casts a long, lean shadow on the ground. A new found friend. You turn your back, it goes away, you turn again, it matches your sway. Your eyes smile in delight at what you've found, with no idea that my tear stained face is watching you and sharing in one of your first discoveries, one of many that will fill your precious life."
Aug. 1994(from my babybook)- Says when she grows up she wants to be a dancer like "Min" on barney, and dance with Barney(who I called Bardey. New Favorite phrase: "oh geez".
February 1995- "Everyone comments on how independent you are, your are into everything, but I don't have to scold you very often. You usually listen when I say 'no', no is also one of your favorite words."
I've told myself I'm going to stick to this little repeated history blog series, so I hope everyone is enjoying listening to my ramblings about my childhood, and maybe its encouraging you to go back and look at all your old family photos for yourself. I mean I've learned alot about myself from going back and looking at all the things that my mom wrote about me, because apparently I wanted to be an asian dancer(not gonna happen) and one of my all time favorite expressions(Oh geez) was one of my firsts, although now, I tend to add some obscenities to it, but still, its fun.
I'm ready already for this week to be over, and its only Monday. Next weekend is the ski trip and my birthday. I'm still without a prom date, but I've pretty much decided I'm not going to go, although I love pretty dresses. And these stupid reoccuring dreams that I thought I was totally over, are back, and boy are they confusing me. I mean, is it normal for a dream to confuse you? Especially one that involves a certain person of the male specimen and what could've potentially happened between the 2 of you, like 3 years ago? Because its sure as hell confusing me.




















No comments:
Post a Comment
I adore comments, short or small, personal or not. They all brighten my day, and I love to return the love.