Thursday, August 5, 2010

The one where I sneeze a lot

So if you've ever been around me for more than five minutes then you've probably realized I'm somewhat of a gross person, and no, I don't stink or spit, I am just in a constant state on allergy ridden sniffles. Seriously, I don't think I've fully been able to breathe through my nose since I was 7, so I feel bad about 1/4 of the month because something just happens to being blooming that I'm allergic to, and well, I'm allergic to a lot of things.

Dogs

Cats


Trees


Flowers


Grass


plus: dust, dust mites, dander, pollen, 
strong smelling perfumes, down and feathers.

But, now, thanks to two things, all of my constant sniffing, sneezing, eye-watering and itchy throatness will all soon be a thing of the past. 

1)After a dysfunctional series of allergy tests, I am now on a series of monthly shots and twice daily drops, its all tedious, but it has good results.

and the strangely more exciting news:

2)I will be getting my tonsils out this December when I'm home for my first semester of college, and I couldn't be more excited. I get strep about 4-6 times a year, due to my tonsils getting infections, and I know it will hurt, but I'm ready to be done with the constant itchiness. 

I'll let you know when I know the exact dates for the surgery, but its just great news for something that has bothered me for so many years. I mean, I even missed elementary school field trips due to my constant bouts of strep, so I'm ready for this!


BTW, I leave for school in 6 days, no big deal or anything.(kidding, I'm freaking out).


1 comment:

  1. I'm allergic to pretty much everything as well! It sucks to sneeze constantly in all seasons and in most inappropriate situations, such as when I'm teaching, grrr! I totally understand you!

    Best luck in school! Hope it's fun!

    Hug!

    Miki.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, short or small, personal or not. They all brighten my day, and I love to return the love.